Ryan also advises clients in connection with the development, implementation, and monitoring of employment policies and procedures, executive and employment agreements, workplace investigations, and labor negotiations. He assists clients in complying with applicable federal, state and local employment laws and advises clients on hiring, discipline, discharge, discrimination, workforce reductions, and compensation.
- Appointed by the Nebraska Attorney General to serve as a Special Assistant Attorney General to represent Nebraska State Trooper on 42 U.S.C. 1983 excessive force claim.
- Dick v. Koski Pro. Grp., P.C., 308 Neb. 257, 953 N.W.2d 257 (2021). Lead defense counsel in a two-week jury trial involving claims seeking $2,500,000 for tortious interference with business relationships, aiding and abetting a breach of fiduciary duty, malicious prosecution, misappropriation of trade secrets, civil conspiracy, and unjust enrichment. Defense verdict on all claims.
- Nader v. City of Papillion, et al., 917 F.3d 1055 (8th Cir. 2019), cert. denied, 140 S. Ct. 45 (2019). Represented local municipality, its police chief and police officers on Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment unlawful arrest, seizure, and conspiracy claims. Affirmation of summary judgment on all claims.
- Hedglin v. Esch and The City of Hastings, Nebraska, 25 Neb. App. 306 (Neb. Ct. App. 2017). Affirmation of motion to dismiss alleging the Plaintiff failed to comply with requirements under the Nebraska Political Subdivisions Tort Claims Act when the Plaintiff prematurely withdrew her tort claim and filed a lawsuit.
- Nyamatore v. Schuerman and Omaha Transit Authority, 25 Neb. App. 209 (Neb. Ct. App. 2017). Affirmation of summary judgment motion alleging the Plaintiff failed to comply with the Nebraska Political Subdivisions Tort Claims Act notice requirements.
- Cooper v. Penske Truck Leasing, Co., Ltd. Partnership, 2015 WL 6870007 (D. Neb. 2015). Obtained complete dismissal on summary judgment of Title VII and Nebraska Fair Employment Practices Act race discrimination claims.
- Williams v. Raynor, Rensch & Pfeiffer, City of Bellevue, Nebraska, et al., 669 Fed. Appx. 340 (8th Cir. 2015), cert. denied, 137 S. Ct. 1344 (2017). Represented local municipality on Plaintiff’s Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Fourteenth Amendment, RICO, and other state and federal law claims. Affirmation of summary judgment on all claims.
- Sanchez v. Bremer and the City of Alliance, Nebraska, 894 F. Supp. 2d 1190 (D. Neb. 2012). Obtained complete dismissal on summary judgment of Fourth Amendment unlawful seizure and excessive force claim against a municipality.
- Successfully defended multiple charges of discrimination before local, state and federal agencies resulting in No Reasonable Cause determinations.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Gift of Adoption Fund’s Nebraska and Iowa Chapter, President and founding board member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands Service League, volunteer
- Defense Research Institute, Committee Chair, Civil Rights and Governmental Liability Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Labor and Employment
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Hiring, Discipline
- ADA and FMLA
- Wage and Hour
- Non-Competes and Unfair Competition
- Employee Handbooks and Agreements
- Labor Law and Union Relations
- Workplace Training
- Litigation, Trial Practice & Dispute Resolution
- Civil Rights and Governmental Liability
- Business and Commercial Law
- State of Nebraska
- State of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Certificate in Litigation
- Creighton University, B.A., magna cum laude, Journalism, co-major in History
- Dean’s Scholar
Dvorak Law Group is proud to be Legalink’s Midwestern representative, permitting the firm to handle clients’ legal needs on local, national, and international levels. Legalink is a non-exclusive, international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals. Learn More »