Nick Sullivan assists clients with all aspects of the litigation process, from commencing litigation through trial and appeal. Nick represents clients on a variety of litigation including complex commercial and business disputes, contract disputes, construction disputes, real estate disputes, shareholder disputes, estate administration litigation, and personal injury and wrongful death claims. Nick represents clients in mediations, arbitrations, and in state and federal court litigation.
Summary judgment awarded in favor of roof consulting firm in action for breach of contract, fraudulent/negligent misrepresentation, and tortious interference with a business relationship; affirmed on appeal (2019)
Obtained $855,000 judgment for client against international meat packing company in garnishment action in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri (2019).
Summary judgment of $1.859 million awarded in favor of floorplan financing company against automotive dealer and guarantor in breach of contract action (2019).
Complete defense verdict awarded in favor of local electrical company’s insurance carrier in an arbitration proceeding involving damage to an underground fiber-optic cable during an excavation (2019).
Partial summary judgment awarded in U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska in favor of Indiana trucking companies in action for breach of written and oral contract, as well as piercing the corporate veil (2018).
Summary judgment awarded in Nebraska state court in favor of professional engineering firm in six different professional negligence actions for wrongful death and/or personal injury following the collapse of a building (2017 & 2018).
Served as local counsel in obtaining dismissal of action against New York commodities company for breach of contract, promissory estoppel, and declaratory judgment in the U. S. District Court for the District of Nebraska (2018).
Obtained $1.59 million jury verdict in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri based upon breach of beef supply contract; affirmed on appeal by Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals; petition for certiorari to United States Supreme Court denied (2017).
Served as local counsel in two separate three week jury trials and on appeal in obtaining overall $2.4 million judgment in favor of client in breach of contract action related to bingo hall management software (2021).
Obtained judgment in favor of general contractor on its breach of contract and bad faith lien filing claims against subcontractor, and against subcontractor on its breach of contract, Prompt Pay Act, and unjust enrichment claims related to construction of two fast food restaurants (2020).
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Creighton Law Young Alumni Council
- Junior Achievement Volunteer Instructor, St. Wenceslaus Catholic School
- Youth Baseball, Football, Soccer, and Basketball Coach
- St. Wenceslaus VACLAV Planning Committee Chair (2018, 2019)
- St. Wenceslaus Capital Campaign Committee (Fall 2016)
- Litigation, Trial Practice, & Dispute Resolution
- Commercial & Contract Disputes
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Property Damage
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Lien Filings
- Estate Administration Litigation
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Property Valuation Protests
- TERC Appeals
- State of Nebraska
- State of Iowa
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- United States District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Creighton Law Review, Lead Articles Editor
- Honorable Lyle E. Strom Scholar in Trial Advocacy
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.S., Business Administration, with distinction, 2009
Connect with a Trusted Attorney
Our roster of experienced attorneys are ready to help you. Contact us today and we’ll introduce you to a team member with the deep understanding needed to provide proactive legal advice and help you make the right decisions.
Dvorak Law Group is proud to be Legalink’s Midwestern representative, permitting the firm to handle clients’ legal needs on local, national, and international levels. Legalink is a non-exclusive, international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals. Learn More »