Michael C. Schilken applies more than 30 years of knowledge and experience to the needs of clients with both their business and estate planning matters.
Mike represents clients in a wide variety of matters related to the growth and management of their local and multi-state businesses. In his general corporate representation, Mike counsels clients on every aspect of a business’s life cycle from formation to capitalization, growth and eventual succession. Such counsel typically includes serving as an “outside general counsel” for clients by providing day-to-day advice for structuring both business transactions and real estate activities. His aim is to facilitate a company’s growth, and assist with structuring business succession plans.
In connection with Mike’s representation of corporate clients, he also provides clients with beginning to closing legal counseling for real estate transactions. Mike assists real estate clients with all aspects related to the acquisition, financing, sale, and development of real estate.
Lastly, Mike also serves a diverse group of clients with decades of comprehensive estate and trust planning. He views the estate planning process as a comprehensive effort which involves both establishing the client’s needs and goals, and working closely with the client’s overall team of advisors, accountants and other professionals to customize a plan for clients. Mike focuses on the goal of designing an estate plan with the consideration of minimizing income, gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes which are associated with wealth and business succession.
- Currently representing various local, multi-state, and international business organizations including retailers, manufacturers and distributors.
- Successfully undertaking numerous merger and acquisition transactions, and various real estate private placement syndications.
- Structuring numerous business succession plan arrangements for a wide variety of closely held businesses.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Fashion Arts Collective, Omaha, Nebraska
- Leadership Omaha
- Hockey Coach for Omaha Hockey Club, High School Club (Westside), Travel and Select Hockey
- Lacrosse Coach, Omaha Lacrosse Club
- Former Member of Board of Directors and Treasurer Omaha Hockey Club
- Former Member of Board of Directors and President of Nebraska Special Olympics, Inc.
- Business and Corporate
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Estate/Wealth Planning
- State of Nebraska
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Colorado, B.S. Accounting
Dvorak Law Group is proud to be Legalink’s Midwestern representative, permitting the firm to handle clients’ legal needs on local, national, and international levels. Legalink is a non-exclusive, international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals. Learn More »