Julie Schultz Self counsels clients on a variety of issues including sexual harassment, discrimination, wage and hour disputes, unemployment claims, discipline issues and the requirements of numerous state and federal employment laws. Julie represents employers in litigation matters filed in state and federal courts as well as quasi-judicial claims filed with a variety of administrative agencies. She works with clients to develop employee handbooks as well as employment and independent contractor agreements, confidentiality agreements and separation agreements. A frequent author and lecturer, Julie provides training for management and employees on a variety of employment-related issues.
Nearly 20 years’ experience representing employers of all sizes – from international, publicly-traded companies to very small, family-operated businesses.
Assisted employers in defending against employee complaints, both formal and informal, regarding wage payment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, harassment and related issues.
Represented an employer at the trial and appellate levels which resulted in an appellate decision which defined a new aspect of the Nebraska Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Leadership Omaha, Class 36
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- St. Margaret Mary School Board
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Midlands Humane Society, Board Member
- Labor and Employment
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Hiring, Discipline
- ADA and FMLA
- Wage and Hour
- Non-Competes and Unfair Competition
- Employee Handbooks and Agreements
- Workplace Training
- Litigation, Trial Practice & Dispute Resolution
- Employment and Labor Law
- Civil Rights and Governmental
- Business and Commercial Law
- State of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D.
- Editorial Staff, Creighton Law Review
- Regional/National Domestic Moot Court Traveling Team
- Creighton University, B.A., Journalism, co-major in Political Science
Dvorak Law Group is proud to be Legalink’s Midwestern representative, permitting the firm to handle clients’ legal needs on local, national, and international levels. Legalink is a non-exclusive, international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals. Learn More »