John Svoboda is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Trial practice group. John brings over 30 years’ experience counseling individuals and business organizations on a wide variety of disputes and litigation matters. He practices in the areas of probate and trust disputes, contested guardianship and conservatorships, commercial disputes, business valuation disputes, construction law, insurance law, personal injury, product liability, and wrongful death claims. John has an extensive appellate experience and had mediated cases at all stages of the litigation process.
- Won a lawsuit dismissal against a pharmacy/pharmacist after five days of jury trial in which the Plaintiffs were seeking $3 Million.
- Successfully defended a subcontractor against a claim by a general contractor seeking damages of $1 Million.
- Successfully prosecuted a claim against the agent under a power of attorney for misuse and self-dealing by the agent/daughter.
- Successfully defended a client on a petition to appoint guardian, filed by a disassociated child of the client.
- Obtained a dismissal of a tort action for a business owner on a jury trial held exclusively on the expiration of the statute of limitations.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Omaha Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America, Sr. Fellow
- Spirit Catholic Radio, Board member and Development Committee
- Nebraska Mock Trial Competition, Attorney Coach
- Litigation, Trial Practice & Dispute Resolution
- Business and Commercial law
- Trust & Probate
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Fiduciary Duty
- Insurance Law
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- State of Nebraska
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Creighton University, B.S.B.A., cum laude, 1989
Dvorak Law Group is proud to be Legalink’s Midwestern representative, permitting the firm to handle clients’ legal needs on local, national, and international levels. Legalink is a non-exclusive, international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals. Learn More »