Jeff Blumel focuses his practice primarily on civil litigation. He represents and advises businesses and individuals in commercial transaction disputes, including contract disputes, employment matters, construction issues, trade secret and fiduciary duty matters, real estate disputes, and other business matters as well as Certificate of Tax Sale foreclosures. He has extensive experience representing political subdivisions, governmental entities, the local transit authority, and other businesses in insurance defense litigation such as negligence and tort claims, workers’ compensation matters, and collection of subrogation interests. He also counsels and assists clients with wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and probate and represents clients in disputes and litigation concerning wills and trusts.
Hedglin v. Esch and the City of Hastings, Nebraska, 25 Neb. App. 306 (Neb. Ct. App. 2017). Appellate affirmation by Nebraska Court of Appeals of motion to dismiss holding the Plaintiff failed to comply with the requirements under the Nebraska Political Subdivisions Tort Claims Act when the Plaintiff prematurely withdrew her tort claim and filed a lawsuit.
Neun v. Ewing and Determan, 290 Neb. 963 (Supr. Ct. of Neb. 2015). Appellate affirmation by Nebraska Supreme Court of motion to dismiss Plaintiff’s petition for a writ of mandamus holding that client who held a tax sale certificate on Plaintiff’s property was entitled to recover costs and attorney fees from Plaintiff when Plaintiff redeemed the real property.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation Fellow
- Kentucky State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Mid-America Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Board of Trustees
- Leadership Omaha, Class 27
- Advocate for Knights of Columbus Council # 10108, St. Robert Bellarmine Church
- Litigation, Trial Practice & Dispute Resolution
- Business and Commercial Law
- Employment and Labor Law
- Civil Rights and Government Liability
- Real Estate
- Trust and Probate
- Fiduciary Duty
- Trade Secrets
- Tax Sale Certificate Foreclosures
- Workers’ Compensation
- Estate/Wealth Planning
- State of Nebraska
- State of Kentucky
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- United States District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, 1989
- B.S., University of Nebraska at Lincoln
Connect with a Trusted Attorney
Our roster of experienced attorneys are ready to help you. Contact us today and we’ll introduce you to a team member with the deep understanding needed to provide proactive legal advice and help you make the right decisions.
Dvorak Law Group is proud to be Legalink’s Midwestern representative, permitting the firm to handle clients’ legal needs on local, national, and international levels. Legalink is a non-exclusive, international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals. Learn More »