David Mayer is a founding member of Dvorak Law Group and serves as the firm’s Executive Vice President, chair of firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions practice group, and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Dave serves as general counsel for his clients, managing their legal issues across all of the firm’s practice areas. He helps clients solve complex and challenging legal issues, working with other legal, accounting, insurance, business, and banking experts on a broad spectrum of corporate and business matters.
In managing his clients’ relationships with the firm, Dave leverages more than 20 years of experience, counseling them in a broad range of business opportunities including, business entity formation and structuring, corporate governance, supply chain management, loan transactions, real estate matters, commercialization of intellectual property assets and the review, drafting and negotiation of all forms of business contracts.
Dave is recognized worldwide for his mergers and acquisitions experience, he negotiates and implements transactions of varying structures and sizes on local, national, and international levels. In 2021, Dave was awarded the prestigious “Legal Advisor of the Year” award by The M&A Advisor.
Outside of his legal practice Dave strongly believes in philanthropy and community service, serving on multiple boards and advocating for causes he believes in. He serves as an international transition team member for the Nebraska Department of Economic Development and participates in trade missions for the State of Nebraska. Dave is the firm’s representative with Legalink, an international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals.
- Advises clients on antitrust concerns and prepared antitrust compliance program and related materials
- Advises clients on compliance with state and federal franchise laws and state business opportunity laws
- Drafts and negotiates contracts, including prime contracts, subcontracts, employment agreements, and other various business agreements for national and local construction clients
- Advises clients across multiple industries on compliance with state licensing laws and implemented programs for ongoing regulatory maintenance
- Drafts materials and workmanship warranties for clients
- Drafts and reviews various domestic and international sales representative, distributor, product development, manufacturer and supply agreements for clients
- Negotiates various license and technology development agreements for clients
- Advises clients regarding state and federal advertising and other laws with respect to advertising materials
- Represents international clients in establishing U.S. headquarters and collaborating with immigration specialists to address immigration matters for such clients
- Represented, as ordinary course counsel, a large group of media companies leading up to, through and out of a bankruptcy proceeding
- Represented large multi-national manufacturer in drafting an updated form distributor agreement and related standardized form documents and policies and advised client regarding roll-out strategy related thereto
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Business Ethics Alliance, chair and governing board member
- Association of Corporate Growth, board member
- Merrymakers, president, and board member
- Midwest International Trade Association (MITA), board member
- Nebraska Diplomats
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Leadership Omaha Class 35
- CHI Foundation, board member
Awards & Recognition
- TOYO Award Winner, 2013
- The M&A Advisor “Legal Advisor of the Year,” 2021
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business and Corporate
- Intellectual Property/Technology
- Estate/Wealth Planning
- Real Estate
- State of Nebraska
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2000
- Creighton Law Review (1998-1999)
- Moot Court Board (1999-2000)
- Creighton Legal Writing Clinic, Staff Member
- University of Northern Colorado, B.A., 1996
Connect with a Trusted Attorney
Our roster of experienced attorneys are ready to help you. Contact us today and we’ll introduce you to a team member with the deep understanding needed to provide proactive legal advice and help you make the right decisions.
Dvorak Law Group is proud to be Legalink’s Midwestern representative, permitting the firm to handle clients’ legal needs on local, national, and international levels. Legalink is a non-exclusive, international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals. Learn More »