Brenda Smith is the Treasurer of the Firm’s Executive Committee. She assists clients with a variety of commercial and business litigation matters, including breaches of contracts, negligence, fraud, insurance disputes, and construction disputes. She also represents clients in probate and trust proceedings, including guardianship and conservatorship matters. Her involvement includes assisting clients through all stages of the litigation process, from commencing the litigation or providing a defense, conducting discovery, participating in the trial, and engaging in the appellate process, if needed. Brenda represents clients in federal and state courts, arbitration, and mediation.
- Represented oppressed minority shareholders and obtained a verdict in excess of $1,000,000, which included damages and attorney fees.
- Represented a trustee in a lawsuit where alleged damages totaled more than $7,000,000.
- Represented trucking companies in resolution of disputes involving catastrophic and serious injuries
- Represented various construction companies in litigation, governmental agency actions, and other dispute matters.
- Represented the guardian and conservator of the ward at trial and appellate courts in a highly contested probate proceeding.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Leadership Omaha Class 39
- Midlands Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award
- Lutheran Family Services, Board of Directors
- Memories for Kids, Board of Directors
- Friends Board of Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
- Nebraska Medicine Guild, Board of Directors
- Junior League of Omaha, past President
- TeamMates Gala Committee, past Chair
- Litigation, Trial Practice & Dispute Resolution
- Commercial and Contract Disputes
- Construction Litigation
- Trucking Litigation
- Insurance Disputes
- Products Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Tax Disputes
- Department of Labor Audits
- Employment Litigation
- Probate and Trust Proceedings
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Proceedings
- State of Nebraska
- State of Iowa
- State of Kansas
- State of Missouri
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with high distinction, 2007
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, B.S., Political Science with high distinction, 2004
Connect with a Trusted Attorney
Our roster of experienced attorneys are ready to help you. Contact us today and we’ll introduce you to a team member with the deep understanding needed to provide proactive legal advice and help you make the right decisions.
Dvorak Law Group is proud to be Legalink’s Midwestern representative, permitting the firm to handle clients’ legal needs on local, national, and international levels. Legalink is a non-exclusive, international legal network of over 70 independent business-oriented law firms and is composed of 4,000 legal professionals. Learn More »