Roles and Responsibilities
- The Legal Administrative Assistant provides day-to-day administrative and clerical support for attorneys in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution group. The work requires an ability to critically assess and anticipate attorney needs in serving clients and managing workloads, and involves the following job duties, in addition to others that may be assigned to meet business needs:
- Create and edit legal documents by transcribing dictation or following written or verbal directions.
- Coordinate and handle electronic filing of pleadings and other legal documents.
- Fax, scan and photocopy documents.
- Maintain efficient and organized files.
- Coordinate client meetings and maintain and manage calendars for attorneys.
- Assist in client communications and meetings as necessary.
- Skill in the use of various computer software programs (Microsoft Office and document/practice management software).
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms, documents, practices and procedures.
- Skill in organization and critical thinking.
- Ability to create documents using correct English spelling, grammar and punctuation; review legal documents to identify inaccuracies or omissions; pay attention to detail in all work and see work through to its logical conclusion.
- Ability to confidently and effectively interact with clients, attorneys and other employees in a team environment, maintaining confidentiality and using discretion and tact.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One year of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience in litigation practice preferred.
- Group Health Insurance (shared employer/employee cost)
- Group Dental Insurance (shared employer/employee cost)
- 401(k) Plan (employee contribution/employer match)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (employer-paid)
- Life Insurance (employer-paid)
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance (employee paid)
- Critical Care Insurance (employee paid)
- Accident Insurance (employee paid)
- Dependent Care FSA (employee paid)
- Health Savings Account (employee paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (employer-paid)
This position is an at-will position and either the employee or the Firm may terminate the employment relationship at any time.