- The candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support and secretarial assistance to assigned attorney pertaining to all aspects of Litigation.
- Position requires a high degree of executive secretarial, administrative, and technical skills.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, schedule court reporters for depositions, arrange for conference rooms, and communicate information to all respective parties.
- Manage and maintain assigned attorney’s calendar (utilizing calendar software) and assist in meeting deadlines.
- Create and edit correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents from draft or dictation utilizing MS Word.
- Date stamp incoming mail, pleadings, deposition notices, etc. ensuring documentation with deadlines are docketed and calendared.
- Oversee and coordinate filings through return of file-stamped copies from the court.
- Assist with trial preparation, depositions, and other litigation-related responsibilities.
- Proofread all documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Input assigned attorney’s time utilizing the firm’s time entry software on a daily basis.
- Open new client matters and request conflict of interest checks.
- Generate new files and maintain client files assuring that filing is kept accurately and current.
- Maintain up-to-date listing of client/matter names and numbers for assigned attorney.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare itineraries, and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- On a monthly basis, if applicable, prepare expense reports for assigned attorney and submit to Accounting for processing.
- If applicable, prepare and process client billing utilizing Firm billing software.
- Review/edit/proofread WIPs and invoices; assure client billing is sent out accurately and timely.
- Maintain knowledge of Firm policies, procedures, departments, and support areas.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of litigation secretarial experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in the Litigation practice area with applicable knowledge of electronic court filing procedures.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in a professional, concise, constructive and courteous manner.
- Analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic in order to perform essential administrative/clerical functions and utilize firm software.
- Computer proficiency with experience and working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook required.
- Ability to produce documents from dictation is required.
WHO WE ARE:
Dvorak Law Group’s highest priority is a collaborative approach whether working internally or with our clients and their trusted advisors to provide the highest level of service and help our clients navigate their legal challenges. Our firm is also committed to maintain a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / BENEFITS:
- Group Health Insurance (shared employer/employee cost)
- Group Dental Insurance (shared employer/employee cost)
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- 401(k) Plan (employee contribution/employer match)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (employer paid)
- Life Insurance (employer paid)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance (employee paid)
- Critical Care Insurance (employee paid)
- Accident Insurance (employee paid)
- Dependent Care FSA (employee paid)
- Health Savings Account (employee paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (employer paid)
The position is an at-will position.
Must be willing to undergo a background check.