The Legal Administrative Assistant provides day-to-day administrative and clerical support for attorneys and paralegals in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution group. The work requires an ability to critically assess and anticipate attorney needs in serving clients and managing workloads, and involves the following job duties, in addition to others that may be assigned to meet business needs:
- Create and edit legal documents by transcribing dictation or following written or verbal directions.
- Coordinate and handle electronic filing of pleadings and other legal documents.
- Fax, scan and photocopy documents; maintain efficient and organized files.
- Coordinate client meetings and maintain and manage calendars for attorneys and paralegals.
- Assist in client meetings as necessary.
Other requirements include:
- Skill in the use of various computer software programs (Microsoft Office and document management software).
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms, documents, practices and procedures.
- Skill in organization and critical thinking.
- Ability to create documents using correct English spelling, grammar and punctuation; review legal documents to identify inaccuracies or omissions; pay attention to detail in all work and see work through to its logical conclusion.
- Ability to confidently and effectively interact with clients, attorneys and other employees in a team environment, maintaining confidentiality and using discretion and tact.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Litigation Legal Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Omaha, NE 68114 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative