Role and Responsibilities
- Drafting estate planning documents for attorney’s review (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare directives).
- Preparing documents and assisting the transfer of assets into trusts.
- Preparing and recording powers of attorney, deeds, memoranda of trust, and other recordable forms.
- Researching foreign jurisdictions for out-of-state client assets and re-registering them.
- Preparing and filing probate documents in the administration of an estate (petitions, motions, testamentary letters, inventories, accountings, and notices).
- Filing life insurance claims and other death benefits.
- Communicating with beneficiaries and next of kin regarding admission of the will and other probate hearings.
- Administering estate accounts.
- Assisting with the investment, transfer, and/or liquidation of estate assets.
- Preparing and filing the decedent’s final income and tax returns.
- Preparing documents associated with land sale proceedings.
- Critical thinking, personal initiative and accountability required.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail required.
- Ability to create documents using correct English spelling, grammar and punctuation; review legal documents to identify inaccuracies or omissions; pay attention to detail in all work and see work through to its logical conclusion.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office applications and law management software required.
- Ability to confidently and effectively interact with and demonstrate respect for clients, attorneys and all employees in a collaborative team-based culture.
- Confidentiality regarding all aspects of the business, discretion and tact are non-negotiable.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of three years estate planning and probate work required.
- Group Health Insurance (shared employer/employee cost)
- Group Dental Insurance (shared employer/employee cost)
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance (employee paid)
- Critical Care Insurance (employee paid)
- Accident Insurance (employee paid)
- 401(k) Plan (employee contribution/employer match)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (employer paid)
- Life Insurance (employer paid)
The position is an at-will position and either the employee or the Firm may terminate the employment relationship at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Minimum of 3 years
Level/Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Work Location: Omaha, NE
HR Contact: Jeff Blumel