Role and Responsibilities
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for the creation and management of the firm’s marketing and advertising efforts. This position focuses on strategy, execution, writing, and editing. This individual must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to handle multiple priorities and a strong work ethic.
- Develop, execute and evaluate email marketing campaigns for the firm.
- Assist in graphic design needs and planning.
- Interview sources and write content and press releases for internal and external audiences.
- Work with attorneys, firm management, external marketing partner, photographer and vendors to develop digital and printed content.
- Make timely website updates; experience with WordPress CMS a plus.
- Review and prepare content and coordinate production deadlines for social media marketing efforts.
- Manage and assist with award nominations and seek relevant opportunities on behalf of the firm.
- Serve as a community liaison for the firm. Plan and attend important events on behalf of the firm.
- Manage the firm’s sponsorship and charitable activities and events.
- Manage all branded digital, online, print, wearable and promotional materials and ensure they adhere to brand standard.
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to professionally communicate (writing, in person, via email, reports, presentations, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain high standards.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Familiarity with web, email and print mediums.
- Social media experience or familiarity with social media platforms and best practices.
- Event planning and execution experience.
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- A desire to learn more about the industry and legal terminology.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS/BA in business, marketing, communications, journalism or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a professional environment, preferably in the legal field.
- Group Health Insurance (shared employer/employee cost)
- Group Dental Insurance (shared employer/employee cost)
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance (employee paid)
- Critical Care Insurance (employee paid)
- Accident Insurance (employee paid)
- 401(k) Plan (employee contribution/employer match)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (employer paid)
- Life Insurance (employer paid)
The position is an at-will position and either the employee or the Firm may terminate the employment relationship at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Minimum of 3 years
Level/Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Work Location: Omaha, NE
HR Contact: Jeff Blumel